FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the proper way to take care of a candle?
A great candle experience begins with proper candle care and maintenance.
- Trim your wick to 1/4 inch before every burn for even burning and to avoid unnecessary smoke.
- Allow your initial burn up to 2 - 3 hours to build a melt pool and prevent tunneling (only the middle of the candle melting causing a tunnel in your candle)
- Never burn your candles for more than 3 hours at a time.
- Stop burning your candle when there's about 1/4 inch of wax remaining. Burning a candle "all the way down" may cause the glass to shatter or break.
- Keep away from children, pets, and flammable objects.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Use caution when handling a candle that has been lit; the container gets hot.
What are your candles made of?
SIX-37 HOME candles are made of all natural coconut wax and sourced from a vendor in the United States. Fragrance oils that are used in our candles and reed diffusers are phthalate-free and sourced from a vendor in the United States.
Why do you use coconut wax?
We believe that coconut wax is the best option for making candles. Coconut wax candles carry a great scent and they're the most eco-friendly candles on the market. We do not use paraffin wax because it is a by-product of the crude oil refinement process. Soy is more environmentally conscious, however, soy wax is a by-product of the soybean industry which carries with it the concerns of deforestation and the use of pesticides and fertilizers to grow soybeans.
What are Phthalates?
Phthalates, pronounced "THA-lates", are a family of industrial chemicals used as solvents in cosmetics and other consumer products and are suspected to be harmful both to our health and the environment.
Where are you candles made?
SIX-37 HOME candles are hand made in Lake County, Illinois.
Can I buy your products to sell in my store?
Yes - Please contact us at email@example.com about becoming a wholesale partner.
Do you offer private label or discounts for events?
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding private label and custom orders for events.